Sunday 11 December 2011

Batik is finished.

There will be better pictures after it finishes blocking. The colour doesn't look great against the carpet, and the colour contrast is pretty nasty, but I don't care :)
I used a ball and a half of Mercia Wools 100% cotton 4ply. It was sometimes a little rough on the hands, and I feel that the cables would pop more if I had used wool, but even so I am ridiculously happy with it.


It is easily the most challenging thing I've made, and this one I may keep for me.
I will sadly not be wearing it to the WI Christmas do though. We didn't sell enough tickets, so it's being postponed and possibly turned into a spring fling.

This was the 10th shawl this year, leaving me 20 days to finish ethereal in order to complete my 11 shawls in 2011. I am hopeful about managing it.

Dinner tonight is sausages and roasted vegetables (carrots and potatoes and sweet potatoes and jerusalem artichokes and leeks and onion and garlic and parsnips) with braised cabbage and red wine gravy. Easy, low effort and hopefully very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment